Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Such a beautiful lie to believe in.

2010 is coming to an end and almost everyone I know is excited to start a new year. A chance to start anew, be nicer, prettier and cleaner (for people who don't shave and bathe, eww).


Feels like yesterday when I was writing a 2009 post making way for 2010. Look how quickly this year has gone by. I will not bombard this post with massive words or pretentious literature, for that is not my style. The purpose of this post is just to thank all those who've made 2010 a meaningful year for me.


I'll admit, 2010 wasn't exactly the best year. I've lost people and gained knowledge of idiotic true colours. I am also not the same person I once was, definitely. But I've learnt many lessons this year which I will never forget.


There are no regrets or grudges. Everything dull has been forgotten and I will only reflect on the good times. I will however, never forget the past. You know what they say; those who forget the past are bound to repeat it. If you truly forgive and forget, you will be able to carry any experience with you, without pain or ache because you've already accepted and learnt.


If nothing else, 2010 has taught me how to love again. I am vulnerable but I don't care anymore. I'd rather love than be a hermit with nothing to keep him warm at night. To everyone who has stuck by me this year, thank you and I love you guys. May 2011 be a much safer and joyous event.


Much love, J.

No comments: