My Daddy's new guppies.
| There's no name for the guppy on the left but I'm going to label him Phoenix. |
| I don't know why, but this is my favourite picture. This guppy's named Hyena because of his patterned colours. |
| Full Moon is my Daddy's favourite. You should hear the words he uses to describe this guppy; beautiful, impressive and fascinating. |
I've always known myself to be my own person. I'm unlike my family members. The differences between my parents and I are way over the roof. However, there are some very subtle similarities between us.
My dad is a nature-lover and he loves loves loves animals. This is one attribute that I am really proud to pick up after him. Both my parents enjoy sceneries and the "simple life", although my dad is more of a kampung/farm person while my mum is more in tuned with water and beaches. I've inherited this element of myself from them. Daddy loves watching documentaries from Nat Geo and such, which is why I think my brother and I love them too.
However, a characteristic which I greatly envy about my dad is that he is fearless. He's the bravest person I've ever known. He is able to touch almost everything with his bare hands; lizards, cockroaches, snakes, birds, worms and other stuff which I don't even dare to touch! I am such a pussy because I will squirm every time I have to pick up a dead cockroach, even if I have to do it with a tissue paper. PUSSY. My dad isn't afraid of heights or anything in particular. Furthermore, he has seen all sorts of supernatural beings, which he will only talk about if I ask. Both mum and dad love ghost stories.
Both my parents enjoy watching martial arts and wrestling. However, it was my mum who introduced me to wrestling at an early age. She loves boxing and anything violent, but she can't stand gore shit like Hostel, etc.
Although emotionally, I am like neither of them, I've gotten most of my physical traits from them. In many ways, I am grateful for all these characteristics, for they are reflections of my own lovely parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment