Monday, October 11, 2010

Grand theft autumn.


When I was in primary school, there was this fella named Hisyam who used to sembahyang (pray) every single day in the cleaners' lounge, because my primary school didn't really have an official praying room. Yeah and to think he was such a religious freak, he was actually a mini-thief!

He used to steal stuff from my malay classmates and I. Things went missing and such but nobody suspected it was him. I didn't know too until one fine day, I had bought two strawberry cookies which I loved so much (and they don't even sell them anymore!). I stuffed those cookies into my backpack (Hisyam was sitting beside me). Then I decided that I wanted to sit at the front of the class because later one of my good friends was going to come in so we'd sit at that spot as usual. However, as I decided this, I did not bring my bag with me. Instead, I went to the loo first. When I got back, I took my bag from beside Hisyam and plunked it down at the front of the class. To my horror, when I opened my backpack to admire my cookies, the wrappers were already torn and obviously the cookies were goneeee! I was like so sad but I was very young then so I didn't approach anyone about it. I looked directly at Hisyam, who was actually looking at me and fidgeting like a fish. My instincts were dead set on him because he was the only one who had seen me stuff those cookies into my bag's front pocket.

There were other events which led us to believe that he was a prick, but I will not elaborate further.

My point being, he was such a religious person, always showing my malay teachers that he could pray every single day and acting like a good fuck in front of everyone. But underneath all that he was a thief.

Since then, I vowed to never steal from anyone ever (especially cookies), because I'd never want anyone to feel the way I did. And silently, I vowed to never put on a false front. This of course, was the most important of all.

No comments: